Mental Health Therapist for Children and Youth – Georgian Bay FHT (Collingwood)
September 22, 2017
Mental Health therapist for children and youth
Location: Collingwood ON
Start Date: Fall/Winter 2017
Salary: $60,000 – $71,000
Do you have an appreciation for the great outdoors? Our Family Health Team (GBFHT) is located in the beautiful four seasons town of Collingwood. We comprise of mental health and physical health Interdisciplinary Health Professionals. We work in concert with our 46 local physician members, pediatricians and via OTN with pediatric psychiatrists to provide essential patient care to children and families and effectively navigate community health care support services.
Some of your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide bio-psychosocial and play-based assessments, create treatment plans and apply therapy and play therapy interventions, to children, youth, and their families
- Provide counselling to individuals, families and groups using evidence-based practices
- Plan, promote, and deliver group programming to children, youth, and families
- Participate fully in all child and youth mental health programs, such as single session clinics, pediatric clinics, telemedicine consultations and group programming
- Collaborate with the Child and Youth Mental Health Team, pediatricians, psychiatrists, occupational therapists and community health partners
- Establish and maintain therapeutic relationships with patients and families
- Bachelor Degree in counselling psychology or social work (Master’s preferred).
- Current registration and good standing with a regulated professional college
- Minimum 5 years play therapy, counselling and/or psychotherapy experience
- Certification and/or training in CBT, DBT, trauma and attachment based therapies
- Certified Child Psychotherapist/Play Therapist (CACPT) preferred
- Proficiency with suicide risk assessment
- Able to work in an interdisciplinary team as well as independently, with confidence
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required
- Familiarity with EMR system is considered an asset
Additional Job requirements
- Attending meetings and groups outside regular working hours, when required.
Please submit your cover letter along with your resumé to: email@example.com.
Due to an anticipated high volume of applications, we will only be contacting those whose qualifications most closely match our requirements.