Medical Secretary/Receptionist – Summerville FHT (Mississauga)
July 19, 2018
The Medical Secretary/Receptionist acts as the initial point of contact for patients and the general public. He/she supports the health care providers within the Summerville Family Health Team (SFHT) by answering phones, booking appointments and providing a wide range of administrative activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcome patients, answer and triage phone calls as well as schedule patient visits as required;
- Respond to requests from the public, external collaborators and other contacts in an efficient and pleasant manner;
- Transcribe, compose, edit, upload, file and/or process medical correspondence and reports.
- Complete all appropriate requisitions and paperwork;
- Utilize clinical management information systems including booking and billing as well as report functions;
- Perform other administrative duties including maintaining equipment and office supplies, photocopying, filing, faxing, printing, distributing mail; arranging for courier services;
- Liaise with other staff within SFHT to exchange information and procedures;
- Produce high quality documents such as correspondence, reports, presentations, briefing notes, spreadsheets, etc.;
- Organize and coordinate workshops and any patient required patient education initiatives;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Medical Administration certificate plus experience in a primary health care environment;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Advanced skills in clinical management software, MS Office and other relevant software applications;
- Understanding and ability to use medical terminology;
- Compassionate sensitivity to patient needs and confidentiality/privacy;
- Problem-solving skills, ability to use sound judgment;
- Interpersonal skills, diplomacy and discretion, excellent telephone manner;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines, prioritize and work well under tight timelines or changes in priorities;
- Organization and administration skills, accurate and detail-oriented.
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Summerville Family Health Team is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.