Medical Billing Clerk – Two Rivers FHT (Cambridge)
September 27, 2018
HEALTHLINK FAMILY PRACTICE
Position Title: Medical Billing Clerk
Reporting To: Clinic Manager
Type of Position: Full Time
Hours: 36.5 hours per week
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Medical Billing Clerk. The ideal candidate will be experienced in billing for FHO Physicians, Hospital billing and Nursing Home billing. Experience with Preventive Care billing and rostering patients also key. Knowledge of Telus Practice Solutions Suite (PSS) EMR is also an asset.
Please included a cover letter with your resume.
Located in Cambridge, HealthLink Family Practice is a part of the Two Rivers Family Health Team. This is a busy practice, consisting of eight family physicians.
TRFHT is an inclusive employer. If you require accommodation at any point in making an application for this position, please contact our office.
The Billing Clerk is directly responsible for performing OHIP billings and related duties in calculation, preparation and issuance of bills, invoices and account statements. This position involves diplomatic interaction with customers to provide billing information and support in order to facilitate swift payment of invoices due to the organization.
- Performs insurance/billing clerical duties, including review and verification of patient account information against MOHLTC files and EMR program specifications. Through communication with physicians and medical personnel, analyzes and codes procedures and diagnosis using MOHLTC billing codes.
- Capturing physician billings and submission of claims to MOHLTC via EDT. Ability to bill for services performed outside of clinic, such as nursing homes and hospitals.
- Thorough knowledge of Preventive Care billing, including preparation, submission, follow-up and reporting
- Resolve routine patient billing inquiries and problems and following up on balances with third party billings and outstanding MOH billings
- Correction and follow up of claim error reports
- Ensure all demographic details are correct and patient OHIP cards are up to date.
- Maintain records and track files stored with Iron Mountain, prepare and send all outgoing mail (including registered mail)
- Assisting in roster management issues; management of MOHLTC outside use reports, completing enrollment forms, billing patient enrollment codes and de-rostering patients as instructed.
- Knowledge of POS transaction terminal. Print and provide management with end of day/month reports.
- Timely completion of various patient forms, including CPP, WSIB, ODSP, transfer of record requests, etc.
- Maintain float for cash transactions and distribute third party funds monthly to appropriate provider.
- Answer telephone inquiries in a polite, respectful and professional manner and update patient chart as needed.
- Comfortable scanning and updating patient charts with appropriate invoicing and documentation as required
- Minimum Grade 12 education and successful completion of related post-secondary program.
- 2-3 years relevant work experience or equivalent combination or training and relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of MOHLTC billing and ability to efficiently and effectively perform job requirement.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills and the ability to meet work requirements within established timelines.
- Effective communication both verbally and in writing.
- Able to handle stressful situations including objection and negotiation skills.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Reliable, self-motivated, work well independently within a team setting.
- High level of integrity, confidentially and accountability.
- Able to adapt to and learn new software – knowledge of Telus Practice Solutions Suite (PSS) EMR would be an asset.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons or facts.