Executive Director- Owen Sound FHO (Owen Sound)
February 9, 2018
Job Title: Executive Director
The Owen Sound Family Health Organization (OSFHO) provides primary care to 34,000 patients within the Owen Sound and the surrounding region of Grey Bruce. The FHO is comprised of a group of 21 primary care physicians, and 35 support staff including Clerical, Custodial, Nursing, Administrative and IT Staff.
The Executive Director reports directly to and works closely with OSFHO Board of Directors. The position requires experience planning business objectives, developing organizational policies and coordinating functions among corporate departments. The goal of Executive Director is to facilitate a working environment that provides a positive and productive climate for operations, administration, human resources and finance.
You will be responsible for the development and implementation of the annual business and strategic plans and policies consistent with Owen Sound FHO Vision and Values. We seek a person possessing leadership skills encouraging a positive workplace culture, and providing exemplary client service to its patients.
- University Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CA/CPA highly desirable
- Experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles
Financial Management Including:
- Primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, property management, vendor contract analysis and negotiations, and institutional financing.
- View all insurance including general liability, property and professional insurances
- Review, reconcile and present Income Statements, Balance sheet and Cash Flow reports to Finance committee members and Board of Directors. Complete variance analysis over prior years.
- Analyze monthly results to identify emerging trends, issues, cause and effect analysis as to contribute to strategic business decisions
- Compile year end reports and documentation for filing of year end with CRA
Human Resource Management including Union Negotiation/Grievance Management:
- Responsible for all personnel activities, including but not limited to, compliance with policies and procedures, recruitment and hiring, wage and salary administration, employee relations, staff training, maintenance of employee files.
- Conduct and document yearly staff performance appraisals and take action including progressive discipline when required, ensuring staff performance levels are meeting current corporate standards
- Review and resolve all union grievances. Manage grievances to avoid costly legal bills and arbitration cases. Understand and implement HR policies that act in accordance with the Collective agreement and the ESA.
- Participate in Occupational Health & Safety Committees, Finance Committee, Policy and Procedure Committee, Board Meetings and All physician meetings.
- Fill the role of the Privacy Officer for the organization.
Operations, Facilities and IT Management
- Recommend and manage IT best practices including establishing tested disaster recovery plans, data security and backup processes
- Create and manage planned obsolescence policies for all business assets including buildings, infrastructure, office furniture and IT hardware/software
- Ensure 24-hour uptime on mission critical systems
- Manager user support for EMR to ensure all EMR issues are researched and corrected in a timely manner
- Full time position with excellent compensation package including company pension
To apply, please submit your resume with a cover letter that describes your qualifications and interest in the position by February 28, 2018 to email@example.com.