Executive Director – OakMed FHT (Oakville)
October 11, 2017
To provide excellent comprehensive healthcare to our patients with a focus on quality, innovation and empowerment.
To inspire and create a new way of delivering sustainable, patient-focused healthcare, driven by a passion for excellence. OakMed Family Health Team (FHT) is a vibrant Family Health Team serving the growing community of north east Oakville. We are currently looking to hire a dynamic and passionate Executive Director to work collaboratively with our mixed provider-community Board of Directors, physicians, interprofessional healthcare team, students, volunteers, the Ministry of Health (MOH), the Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (MHLHIN) and our community partners to meet the needs of our patient population. OakMed FHT offers an innovative, collaborative and inclusive work environment with opportunity for professional development and growth.
The Executive Director (ED) works with, and reports to the FHT board, to develop and drive the organization’s mission, vision, values and strategic goals while managing all day-to day operations. The ED will collaborate with the FHT lead Physician (appointed from the FHO) on a regular basis for support with clinical and medical direction. The ED will continue to build and nurture a highly collaborative interdisciplinary team while identifying and creating partnerships with the community to enhance the FHT’s team and services. The ED will work to develop future partnerships, work within the MHLHIN primary care providers group and begin to liaise with academic institutions in order to progress towards becoming an academic FHT. The role of ED requires the ability to manage a large number of tasks simultaneously including but not limited to: finance, human resources, team development and training, data management, information technology, social media and marketing, resource management and procurement, and Ministry of Health reporting. The ED is appointed as the Secretary to the Board of Directors so must have some familiarity with governance.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to the Board for the organization and management of the Family Health Team in accordance with prevailing legislation as well as policies established by the Board and the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and subject to the direction of the Board.
- Ensure appropriate systems and structures are in place for the effective management and control of the Family Health Team and its resources including financial controls, and the employment, development, control, direction and discharge of all employees of the Family Health Team.
- Ensure structures and systems for the development, review and recommendation of new programs, program expansion or changes.
- Ensure effective human resources, strategic planning and resource utilization practices are in place.
- Fosters collaborative team practice and manages conflict.
- Setting and managing the budget, and leads in the expenditure of resources as planned, reporting to the MOHLTC as directed. Liaises with the PT Bookkeeper (0.1 fte) and supports the annual audit with the external auditors.
- Establish an organizational structure to ensure accountability of all staff for fulfilling the mission, objectives and strategic plan of the Family Health Team.
- Provide leadership in support of the Board’s responsibility to develop and periodically review the mission, objectives and strategic plan of the Family Health Team.
- Develop, recommend and foster the values, culture and philosophy of the Family Health Team.
- Manages the space for which the FHT is responsible, including the sub lease responsibilities as appropriate.
- Effectively manages Occupational Health and Safety issues according to legislated practices.
- Communicates with related health care organizations to promote coordination / planning of local health care services.
- Represent the FHT externally to the community, government, media and other organizations and agencies.
- Is responsible for the payment by the Corporation of all salaries and amounts due from and owing by the Corporation which fall within the purview and scope of the approved annual budget or otherwise as may be established from time to time by resolution of the Board.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and on the organization’s behalf to the MOHLTC. In administrative and clinical matters, the Executive Director collaborates with physicians and other FHT members to provide the most efficient, appropriate primary care to a client of the FHT. The Executive Director collaborates with other community health partners to deliver appropriate services and programs to the community.
- Degree in a health related field, Master’s level education and/or MBA preferred or equivalent.
- Five (5) years management experience preferably in a health care environment with preference given to having experience in a primary care setting working with physicians in a blended capitation model (FHO, FHG, FHN).
- Preference given to candidates with experience in a Family Health Team setting.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven leadership for an interdisciplinary team.
- Proven ability to develop partnerships.
- Experience with Quality Improvement Measures, Decision Support and Patient Engagement.
- Excellent computer skills including experience working with Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Strong finance skills and familiarity with the use of SRI Ontario, Simply Accounting and MS Excel.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Experience with strategic planning, project management, Board governance reporting and RFPs.
- Experience in program planning, development and evaluation.
- Highly effective decision making skills.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and government policy affecting FHTs and primary healthcare.
- Embraces attitudes of empathy, honesty, non-judgement, and respect to patients and team members.
- Embraces attitudes of hope, optimism and support to patients and caregivers.
- Demonstrates commitment to ongoing learning, professional development, and continuous quality improvement.
- Establishes priorities and making ethically sound decisions to ensure safe patient care.
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving and organizational skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Vulnerable Sector Police Screening required.
Thank you for your interest in the OakMed Family Health Team. OakMed FHT supports Employment Equity initiatives and is an equal-opportunity employer. OakMed Family Health Team encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note only candidates selected will be contacted for an interview.
Visit www.oakmed.ca for more information about OakMed Family Health Team.
HOW TO APPLY
Cover letter and resume required; email@example.com
Applications will be accepted by email only. No telephone calls.
Applicants quote Job Reference OFHT2018ED.
Oakmed Family Health Team is a small FHT and the salary is fixed by the MoH<C. Position open until filled.