Electronic Medical Records Administrator – Sunnybrook Academic FHT (Toronto)
July 12, 2017
Electronic Medical Records Administrator
The Electronic Medical Records Administrator performs administrative tasks on a daily basis that support the sustainability of the electronic medical record’s (EMR) functionality for staff and physicians of the Sunnybrook Family Practice Partners (SBFPP) and the Sunnybrook Academic Family Health Team (SAFHT) The Administrator provides ongoing technical expertise, training and support for EMR users.
The EMR Administrator reports to the Patient Care Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a super user, The EMR Administrator:
- provides ongoing technical expertise and support for all EMR
- trains all new staff and learners in functionality and use of the EMR.
- participates in system testing, and upgrading as required in collaboration with hospital ancillary functions such as Medical Imaging, Lab, Patient Registration, Information Systems and other Departments as
- maintains intimate knowledge of the system through super user training sessions provided by vendor, study of the EMR manual and documentation from peers using the same system, testing and usage of EMR functionality, etc.
- revises and updates user documentation, policies and procedures related to EMR
- liaises with vendor and/or external IT support to resolve EMR issues
Administrative Support Functions
- Develops and creates EMR custom forms and
- Maintains the EMR address book and Pharmacy registry.
- Generates and maintains user accounts (new users, terminated users, user permissions, ).
- Revises appointment templates as required
- Develops and runs reports, searches and queries for quality improvement and other user/learner projects
- Creates claims and submits billings electronically to MOHLTC and process related reports (claims error, remittance advice etc)
- Supports PCM and others in production of reports to various internal and external funding agencies such as MOHLTC, TC LHIN and others
- Develops and revises EMR reminders,
- Posts interface reports (lab, medical imaging) to EMR
- Processes transfer of records requests
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Sound knowledge of and experience working in Electronic Medical Records environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver training to adult learners
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of activities
- Ability to operate with the highest level of confidentiality and discretion
- Proven participatory work style, ability to work independently and with a team
Successful completion of a Baccalaureate degree or college diploma in a related discipline and/or equivalent experience
- 2 – 3 years experience in information systems management in the EMR environment, preferably in interprofessional primary care
- Advanced proficiency in the use of computers and related software applications