Communications Coordinator (PT) – Summerville FHT (Mississauga)
September 27, 2018
Part-Time Communications Coordinator – 2.5 days/week
Summerville Family Health Team – Mississauga, ON
Summerville Family Health Team is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive and accessible primary care services to 50,000 patients at 4 sites in Mississauga, and 1 in Etobicoke. The Team is comprised of 37 physicians and 30 allied health professionals as well as administrative staff. We are currently seeking a part-time Communications Coordinator who will be responsible for the communications plan, activities and promotion of all programs and services of the Summerville Family Health Team. He/she will work closely with all members of the Family Health Team and will design and review promotional materials, update website on an ongoing basis and manage social media.
NOTE: This is a Part-time Permanent position. Approximately 18 hours a week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop communications plans that support awareness about the organization and our programs and services; provide outreach to key stakeholders, media and the public.
- Design and produce communications and promotional materials, including but not limited to, brochures, newsletters, articles, websites, social media.
- Develop materials such as social media content, presentations, videos, speeches and webinars
- Coordinate web content editing and content design, working collaboratively with content experts and IT support
- Ensure brand standards are applied throughout the organization
- Recommends communications strategies and policies to raise awareness of organization, including researching ways to expand outreach to new target populations and stakeholders
- Coordinate special events in collaboration with other team members
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- University degree in journalism, marketing, communications public relations or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in journalism, marketing, and/or communications fields with professional experience in a PR agency, corporation or non-profit organization
- Highly developed communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing and editing skills, attention to detail
- Knowledge of website design and html code, as well as ability to develop creative web content
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in graphic design and working with Adobe Suite, including Illustrator, Word Press, InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to meet tight deadlines on budget
- Experience with brand management, quality assurance and application of consistent messaging aligned with organization’s identity, mission and goals
- Dynamic presentation and facilitation skills
- Professional social media experience
- Experience editing video and audio is an asset, photography experience.
- Experience generating performance reports on campaigns, activities, metrics and results
- Able to partner and work collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Able to work flexible hours which may include evenings
- Knowledge of health-care system is an asset
Job Type: Part-time Permanent
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume to SummervilleCareers@SummervilleFHT.com
Deadline for applications is October 31, 2018.
Summerville Family Health Team is an equal opportunity employer. We are situated in a multi-cultural neighborhood and are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create & sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview. In Accordance with The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Summerville Family Health Team will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.