AFHTO has a renewed vision, mission and strategic priorities to guide our work on behalf of our members over the next 2 – 3 years. The AFHTO board is pleased to present this document, and thanks the many members who provided input through webinars and a survey.
Please click here to access this one-page document.
The early success of AFHTO’s first strategic plan – put in place two years ago – established the foundation to create the strong voice for family health teams. AFHTO’s most recent Annual Report documents the progress made to recruit virtually all FHTs into this one organization, build the infrastructure base, and develop the profile, credibility and key relationships with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and many other stakeholders.
AFHTO’s next stage builds on this solid base as the advocate, champion, network and resource for FHTs. The focus is on supporting, measuring, and promoting the value of well-integrated interprofessional primary care, and advocating for its expansion so that more Ontarians can access this high-quality comprehensive care.
Archive of previous documents related to AFHTO’s strategic direction:
- AFHTO Strategic Directions, adopted March 2013, click here.
- AFHTO Principles, click here.
- AFHTO Values, click here.
- AFHTO Strategic Plan 2011-13, click here.
- For the executive summary of the November 4th, 2009 Leaders Retreat proceedings – click here.
- For the full proceedings of the November 4th, 2009 Leaders Retreat – click here.